Mavis will be four months old tomorrow! She has grown so much since I first met her at five weeks old.
Mavis is happy, wild, and curious. She is turning into such a wonderful dog, and has blended into our little zoo so well. Sometimes I forget she’s only four months old, because she seems much older at times. She’s very intelligent, and catches on to training and learning new commands rapidly.
- Meeting new people
- Chasing Malcolm
- Playing fetch
- Food, especially eggs and oatmeal
- Playing with dogs I pet sit
- Cuddling with Lola
- Being held when she doesn’t want to be (still a leftover issue from the attack)
- Having something she’s not supposed to be chewing on taken away
- She is doing so well in her puppy classes! Jimmy and I are impressed by how obedient she is. The trainer also said Mavis has therapy dog potential, which makes my heart so happy.
- She has pretty much mastered potty training, and I credit that to being hyper-vigilant and using potty bells.
- Her crate is no longer the enemy! She was never bad about going in, but now she willingly sits in her crate and enjoys the quiet time when we are out of the house.
- She has yet to be professionally groomed, but I am excited to she how she looks with a fresh haircut later this month!
- She is great in vehicles. She will either sit in the passenger seat while I’m driving, or on my lap if Jimmy is driving. She’s quiet and content, which is a relief!
- Her socialization has been going really well. I hunkered down after she was attacked and brought her with me on all of my pet sitting visits and it has helped immensely.
- Sometimes I just really want to pick Mavis up and snuggle her, but she has been very leery of it since her attack. It makes me sad, but we are working on it with lots of treats and help from her trainer.
- Having three pets is not for the faint of heart 😉
- I love training her and seeing her learn.
- She is wonderful off-leash.
- She has a fun, happy-go-lucky personality!
I think that’s everything! Basically, Mavis is a fluffy little ball of fun that has brought a lot of joy to the Zottola household 🙂
Aww! That last pic of her is SO cute!
Thank you, Laura! It’s definitely one of my favorites 🙂
Ugh Mavis is so cute!
Thanks, Maureen! I agree 😉
Awww!! I love little Mavie sooo much!! You’re doing a great job training her, and I also believe she will be a phenomenal therapy dog 🐶
Awww, thanks Mom! That means a lot!!
Wow! I can’t believe it’s already been four months! Mavis has grown so much ❤
That's wonderful that she has therapy dog potential 🙂 I used to work at a hospital and LOVED seeing the therapy dogs walking around all the time. And what a blessing to the patients they were! They would bring such smiles to their faces 🙂
I can’t believe it, either!! It seems like Mavis has grown every time I look at her, haha!
I bet it was so awesome to see therapy dogs at the hospital you worked at! Hearing that from you makes me so excited to try and work towards getting her certified!
You totally lucked out with Mavis 🙂 How perfect would it be if she became a guide dog?!
Awww, thanks Ellie!! That would be so cool!
SO. CUTE. You are so lucky that she is so great off-leash! That’s unique for a pup 🙂
Thank you, Marina! It has been so surprising and great that she is a good girl off leash, especially as a puppy!
She’s such a cutie!!
Thank you, Liz!
Oh my goodness, you and Mavis would be a perfect combo for therapy dog visits! Are you thinking about going that direction with her? Also, she is just as adorable as ever! 🙂