Every year since 2011, I have set a goal for myself to read 50 books in a year. I still have yet to achieve that goal, but I’ve come close a few times! This year (so far.. we still have a few days left!), I have read 36 books. I want to share my favorites with you.
Top six fiction books I read in 2014
1. Morning Glory by Sarah Jio
2. The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate
3. The Baker’s Daughter by Sarah McCoy
4. The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler
5. Family Pictures by Jane Green
6. Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
Top six nonfiction books I read in 2014
1. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
3. Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife By Peggy Vincent
4. Diary of a Midwife by Juliana van Olphen-Fehr
5. A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman
6. I Work At A Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks by Gina Sheridan
It looks like I read a pretty random mix of books on topics like faith, midwifery, bookstores/libraries, photography, and baking. Some of my favorite things!
Have you read any good books this year? Please share your recommendations in the comments section!