Every year since 2011, I have set a goal for myself to read 50 books in a year. I still have yet to achieve that goal, but I’ve come close a few times! This year (so far.. we still have a few days left!), I have read 36 books. I want to share my favorites with you.
Top six fiction books I read in 2014
1. Morning Glory by Sarah Jio
2. The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate
3. The Baker’s Daughter by Sarah McCoy
4. The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler
5. Family Pictures by Jane Green
6. Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
Top six nonfiction books I read in 2014
1. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
2. Spiced: A Pastry Chef’s True Stories of Trials by Fire, After-Hours Exploits, and What Really Goes on in the Kitchen by Dalia Jurgensen
3. Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife By Peggy Vincent
4. Diary of a Midwife by Juliana van Olphen-Fehr
5. A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman
6. I Work At A Public Library: A Collection of Crazy Stories from the Stacks by Gina Sheridan
It looks like I read a pretty random mix of books on topics like faith, midwifery, bookstores/libraries, photography, and baking. Some of my favorite things!
Have you read any good books this year? Please share your recommendations in the comments section!
I want to read that Public Library book. It looks really funny.
I actually read over 50 books this year! First time ever!
I highly recommend it! It’s an easy, short read that will have you cracking up! I saw you mention that on IG the other day. I am jealous!! Maybe this year will be my 50 books year! (I accidentally typed 500 instead of 50 at first … I wish ;))
This is just what I needed. I have goals to read more books and a little less internet on 2015!
I hope you get a chance to read any of the above books! I highly recommend them all 🙂
I’ll have to check some of these out!! I haven’t read this particular book you listed by Emily Griffin, but I love her other stuff!
I think you’ll like a few of those books… one is based in Seattle! I just recently got into Emily Giffin… she’s great!
I really found the Emperor of All Maladies to be quite an interesting book that I read this year. I remember the post where you mentioned the midwife book, and that looks like something worth reading—as well as the library one!
I’m going to check out the Emperor ofg All Maladies now! Thanks for the rec!!
I always love your book lists!! 🙂 I definitely need to read more next year!
Thanks, Nicole! I hope you get the chance to read more! It’s definitely one of life’s greatest pleasures!
I read a purpose driven life a couple years ago and remember really liking it! I have recently been on a book kick involving movies that have come out. Rather than see the movie, I get the book and read it instead. I’ve jus read Gone Girl, If I Stay and am not on Heaven Is Real. The books are always so much better! 🙂
It’s such a great book that I read it twice in 2014, and I plan to read it again in 2015!! It’s just so inspiring and motivating!! I love when books are turned into movies. If I really like the book, I’ll see the movie. Then I’m usually disappointed that the movie wasn’t like the book, haha.
I definitely need to read that “Beautiful Mess” book!