At the beginning of January I blogged my 2012 goals/resolutions. Now that January is over, I want to look back and see how I am doing and if I accomplished anything!
- Get a job and work my butt off. This didn’t happen, but I’m working on it for the end of February!
- Travel to Savannah, GA. I’m hoping to do this in June!
- Read 50 books. I have read four so far!
- Be more generous/surprise others more. I did great with this because I made my parents a 25th wedding anniversary photo book. They were very surprised and it made me feel good.
- Continue to have Bible studies with Jimmy and get through 5 more books of the Bible. We’re trucking along in Romans right now with weekly Bible studies/coffee dates
- Journal 3x a week. I’m doing super good with this goal. For me, once I start to journal daily it becomes a habit than I cherish.
Health and fitness goals/resolutions
- Run outside at least 2x a week in the cool months. Ha… I’m stuck at running in the cold 1x a week right now. Oh well!
- Run my 3rd half marathon and an ultra or a full marathon. I signed up for my 3rd half and I’m training for a full marathon in June. Fingers crossed I don’t get injured!
- Break 21:00 and/or 20:00 in the 5k. I have a few 5k’s that I have my eye on to run in April/May.
- Learn to “back off” when I feel a possible injury coming on. I’m doing pretty good with this. The week before I started training for the marathon my knee felt weird so I didn’t run for most of that week. Injury avoided. So far :p.
So that is how I’m doing with my goals/resolutions in the new year! I’m astonished at how fast January went by. Now it is already February 4th…crazy.
This month I’m going to be doing lots of school work (as usual when I’m in school!), working on becoming employed, running (and possibly training for a master’s swim meet!!!), maybe go skiing, go to another college game night party, and hang out with friends/family/Jimmy. Fun stuff!
The weather in Pittsburgh has been wonderful lately (in the mid to high 40’s!) and I just feel really blessed and content with life in general<3
I hope you have a great February!