I promised to post about how I make the button art I’ve been obsessed with lately, so here we are!
Below are a few examples of canvases I’ve made for family and friends. I usually do the first letter of someone’s first or last name. You could totally get creative and do something different, though!
I decided to photograph the process of making an “M” for my cousin’s daughter, Macie. First, let’s take a moment to reflect on how adorable she is!
Okay, back to the button art.
- Canvas, your choice of size
- Paint brush
- Acrylic paint
- Multi-purpose glue
- Stencil or letter printed out and cut into a stencil
- Mod Podge gloss (optional)
- Paint the canvas your choice of color and allow it to dry completely. Lightly trace your printed letter or stencil onto the canvas in pencil.
- Glue buttons inside the letter, starting with larger ones and finishing with smaller ones. You can put the glue onto the buttons or directly onto the canvas, it’s up to you.
- If using Mod Podge, apply with a paint brush to the canvas, careful to avoid the buttons.
- Allow glue and Mod Podge (if using) to dry and show off your artwork!
Ta da! Pretty simple, right? Let me know if you have any questions!