I can’t believe Mavis is halfway through her first year of life! She’s growing so fast and it feels like she’s been a part of our family forever.
- Mavis passed her AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test and graduated from Puppy Level II! She starts her adult training classes to work towards earning her Canine Good Citizen title next week!
- The brown spots of her fur are looking a little lighter as she’s getting older.
- She can now jump into my truck! She has only done it twice, but I’m proud of her nonetheless 😉
- She’s currently having her first sleepover at her my parents’ for a few nights (Jimmy and I are having a staycation!).
- She continues to solve food puzzles like a champ, and it’s so neat to watch her figure them out.
- She is getting better about being held and touched, and is way less fearful of other dogs. She did great with my siblings and parents’ dogs on Thanksgiving!
- Chasing a laser. It’s hilarious to watch her run after it because she tries to grab it with her paws, haha.
- Whimzees dental treats. These take her forever to chew and have been a lifesaver in keeping her busy when she’s being naughty.
- Mavis is now in the adolescence stage of puppyhood and can really test our patience! She will act like she doesn’t know certain commands, or will bark at us for attention. The key has been to be very patient and make sure she gets a lot of exercise each day.
- She and Malcolm get into trouble together!
- She continues to pet sit with me (we walked six dogs together today!) and is my little working buddy.
- She adores Lola and always wants to be with her.
I think that’s everything for Mavis’ six month update! She’s just a little ray of sunshine in our lives and we are absolutely loving her!