Hey there! As the title of this post states, I’m going to be talking about completely random things today. What’s new, right?!
1. I watched really good documentary for my Deaf Culture class. Sound and Fury is about two families with young deaf children and their decision of whether or not to give them cochlear implants. Before taking the Deaf Culture class, I thought cochlear implants were always the best option, but this film actually raises a lot of issues with cochlear implants for some families with deaf children.
I enjoyed the documentary so much that I had Jimmy watch it, too. He told me that he didn’t think he’d be interested in it, but he said he enjoyed it and that it kept his attention the whole time. It’s on YouTube, and there’s also a followup documentary that was filmed six years later. Epic!
2. Brandy pooped on my bed. True story. She somehow got locked in my room before my family went to church, and she must have freaked out and had to go to the bathroom, so she went on my bed, haha.
She’s still cute. Even when she stands on the dishwasher while I try to load it!
3. The Farmer’s Almanac is usually correct. In a 2011 post I described my love for the Farmer’s Almanac and its accuracy at the ripe age of 18 haha. Well, I opened the Pittsburgh Post Gazette the other day and found this article…
The Almanac predicted Pittsburgh’s crazy winter! It’s also one of my favorite websites. Yeah, I’m probably a dork.
4. The house hunting and tummy trouble sagas are persisting. I’m hoping to do a little update on both, likely in my next post.
5. I baked dog treats instead of doing homework this morning. Probably not the best choice, but Lola and Brandy were happy! I’ve been in a baking mood lately. Just kidding. I’m always in the mood to bake! Seriously.
Okay, that’s all I have to say. Now I am actually going to do that science homework!
Tell me something random!