My crazy first day

Yesterday was my first day at cross country camp. It was a little crazy.

I made my bed and placed my stuffed animal on it πŸ™‚

At 8AM the team had a concussion baseline test that took about 35 minutes. I gave some info to the trainer who gave us the test.

He then proceeded to tell me that I couldn’t run unless I saw Seton Hill’s doctor because I came into camp with a pre existing injury. He said the only way I can run is if I see their doctor and he clears me.

I was a little confused because my orthopedic doctor had cleared me to run. I told the trainer this and he still said for insurance purposes that I had to see their doctor.

So the trainer called Seton Hill’s doctor (who is off campus)Β and thankfully got me an appointment right away-the doctor said to just come in. So the trainer handed me map quest directions and told me good luck and that maybe I could make it to practice at 10AM.

I hopped in my truck and somehow found this random doctors office about 4 miles off of campus. The doctor had x-rays done and said I have PF Syndrome but cleared me to run.

The doctor said I should wear a brace for a few weeks and do physical therapy exercises + ice with the trainer. So I headed back to campus and missed my first practice with the team. As I arrived they were all finished with their run and stretching. Ugh. It is all good though because we had another practice at 4PM.

I got my team backpack!

So I headed to lunch with the team and then had some free time (FINALLY) to read my Bible and try to get my student ID + parking pass. I was ALMOST not allowed to eat lunch because I didn’t have an ID. I’m supposed to get one at orientation on Friday but the only way you can eat in the dining hall is if you have an ID. Cray cray. I will also get a parking ticket if I don’t have a parking pass-another thing I am supposed to get at orientation on Friday.

I snacked after lunch!

An hour before practice I headed down to the trainer to learn about the PT program he is putting together for me. He also gave me a knee brace to run in. I stretched a bit and then it stormed. Practice was held off until about 4:30. Then we ran 800m hill repeats with a warm up and cool down. My knee hardly hurt!

After practice the team got in an ice bath! It was cold but it felt amazing at the same time.

Then it was time for dinner + a guest speaker from 7-9PM. I hit the hay and slept so hard.


Today I have a run at 10AM and a lifting session at 4PM… I’ll let everyone know how it goes. I am going to attempt to get my ID, parking pass, and find my classes sometime today πŸ™‚


Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Corinthians 7:1



  1. Sounds like you had a good day despite having to go to the doctor all of a sudden, at least you’re cleared to run even if you have to wear the brace. Glad you could eat lunch too! I know our dining hall was the same way, you had to have your ID or you couldn’t even get in.

    Good luck with your run and lifting today and with finding classes!

  2. Still so busy! And ugh, I remember the confusing scramble of parking passes and IDs, and you always need one thing before you can get the other but then you can’t get the one thing without the other…BUT, sounds like it’s all going to be an amazing time πŸ˜€

  3. First day! How exciting! I am glad you got cleared, but sorry you had to miss the first practice. It looks like you are on your way to getting stronger :)!

  4. I am glad you’re cleared to run, at least. What a pain in the bum though that you don’t have an ID and parking pass and stuff even though you’re on campus!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s