Mavis hits the seven month mark on January 12th!
In some ways, she has become easier to care for over time (yay for house training and sleeping through the night!) and in other ways, she has become more challenging (the puppy “teenage” phase is no joke!).
- As of December 25th, she weighs 21 pounds. Adult male cockers typically weigh 30 pounds. She is a big girl!
- She has really gotten the hang of playing fetch and enjoys it. Her favorite ball is the hol-ee roller.
- She is quite the velcro puppy. She doesn’t just like to be with me 24/7, she wants to be physically touching me. I love it 🙂
- We received her AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy medal and certificate in the mail! We are now working towards the Canine Good Citizen title and then hopefully therapy work!
- She is currently in Adult Level 1 classes and doing great!
- She loves food. She can be in an absolute dead sleep and if I drop a scrap of food on the floor, she’s there. It’s crazy!
- I realized recently that I spend a lot of time with her. We work together (dog walking!), I train her, take her places, and hang out around the house together. She’s currently laying on my feet as I type this!
- We are really working hard towards her therapy dog certification, but if it doesn’t happen, I’d love to get into agility with her. I think she would really enjoy that.
- She hasn’t gone into heat yet, but I’m sure she will soon.
- I filmed a vlog recently and did a little update on Mavis, in case anyone wants to see her in action 🙂
- Her paws aren’t very callused yet, so they get cold quickly in the snow and ice. I need to get some salve or snow boots for her and Lola.
- If she’s not snuggled up to me, she’s snuggled up to Lola. She loves her big sister!
- Her nickname is May May. I’m pretty sure I call her May May or just May more than I call her Mavis.
That’s everything I can think of for Mavis’ seven month update! She’s a fluffy ball of sass, happiness, and fun ❤
I love hearing about Mavis! I hope she can do therapy work since she’s not a big dog and not a small dog so people would love her.
Yay!! I’m so glad you like hearing about her! I always wonder if people read my blog and are like “Is this chick doing baby-like updates for her dog?!” haha. I hope she can do therapy work, too! I think she will be just the right size!
She’s so pretty. And she seems so smart! What an awesome sidekick. 🙂
Thank you, Amy!! She is quite the fun, smart, spunky little sidekick!
Great job with her Allie!
Thank you, Dad!! Love you! ❤
Such a cutie!!
Thank you, Nicole! ❤
I’m so proud of Little May May!! She is so stinking smart, and way to adorable!!!! You work so hard with her, and she has come such a long way since the attack 😣 – thank God she overcame her fears with your persistence and love.
Happy 7 Months Mavie (yes, just one more nick-name) 😂
Thank you, Mom! Love that nickname! What’s one more, right?! Ha!
I love that you call her May May! Our friends have a dog named Mabel who they call Mei Mei (pronounced May May) because it means “little sister” in Chinese. In fact, they call her Mei Mei so much that I don’t think many people know that her actual name is Mabel, haha! So Mavis could totally be a “Mei Mei” too since she’s a little sister to Lola! 🙂 I love that she’s so attached to you all of the time. That’s absolutely precious! 🙂
We thought about the name Mabel for Mavis! That is so funny! I love the meaning of Mei Mei, too!! This just made me so happy and I can’t wait to tell Jimmy about it!
Go Mavis GOOOO! Seriously too adorable. Every time I see that face I melt.